This issue can occur for any of these reasons:
- The server has internal disks
- The Local Disk Policy is incorrect
- The CD/DVD Drive is incorrectly setup
To resolve this issue, ensure that you have configured your system in accordance with Cisco's recommendations:
- Set the local disk policy to No Disk Policy.
Note: This needs to be done through the CISCO UCS (Unified Computing System) manager. For more information about setting the local disk policy, see the Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers VMware Installation Guide .
Note: The preceding link was correct as of October 15, 2011. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
- Set the CD/DVD drive as the first device in the boot priority in the BIOS.
- Ensure that the media selected is Virtual CD/DVD and not EFI CD/DVD.
Original KB link: 2007747