This article provides a workaround that enables you to mount a floppy image, such as a paravirtual SCSI adapter, to a virtual machine.
To workaround this issue:
Log in to the ESXi host.
For more information, see:
- Run this command to create a new floppies directory on one of the datastores on the ESXi host:
Where is the name of a shared datastore.
- Run this command to copy the contents of the original floppies directory to the new directory:
cp /productLocker/floppies/*.flp /vmfs/volumes//floppies/
- Mount the floppy image.
To use the floppy image:
- In the Inventory pane, right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Click the virtual floppy drive and select Connected.
- Click Browse under Use existing floppy image in datastore.
- Browse to the location //floppies.
- Select the required floppy image.
Based on VMware KB 1036836