The vCenter Server plugins process vim.logdir, which comes from the Java service execution command, is responsible for the vCenter Server services logging.
To change the log locations, you need to edit the vCenter Server's registry:
- Take a full backup of the registry. Do not skip this step.
- On the vCenter Server, click Start > Run, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\vctomcat\Parameters\Java, then look for Options.
Note: If you are running a 64-bit operating system or if you are running a 32-bit operating system without Wow6432Node, look under the subkey Java.
- Within the Dvim.logdir= key change the drive or path to the new log location.
- Restart the VirtualCenter Server service. For more information, see Stopping, starting, or restarting vCenter services (1003895).
Based on VMware KB