Downloading ESXi 5.0
To download and activate ESXi 5.0:
- Navigate to the VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 5.0 Download Center.
- Click Download.
- If prompted, log in to your My VMware profile. If you do not have a profile, you must create one. For more information, seeCreating a My VMware profile (2007005).
- Complete the VMware vSphere Hypervisor Registration form. When you are done, an activation email is delivered to your inbox.
- Navigate to the activation email. If you did not receive the activation email, see Not receiving activation email for evaluation and free products (2014105).
- Click Activate your VMware ESXi License and access your download. This gives you the serial key for ESXi 5.0.
Licensing an ESXi 5.0 host
To license a standalone ESXi 5.0 (vSphere Hypervisor):
- Log in to the ESX/ESXi host using vSphere Client.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Licensed Features under Software.
- Click Edit under Licensed Features.
- Select Assign a new license key to this host.
- Press Enter and enter the License Key.
- Click OK.
Based on VMware KB 2014574