- The ESXi host appears as disconnected in vCenter Server
- Attempting to reconnect the host fails
- You see the error:
A general system error occured: Timed waiting for vpxa to start
To resolve this issue:
- Remove the virtual machine from the vCenter Server Inventory.
- Restart the Management agents on host. For more information, see Restarting the Management agents on an ESX or ESXi host (1003490).
- Log in to the host directly using the vSphere Client.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Remove from Inventory.
- Restart the Management agents on the host.
- Right-click the host in vCenter Server and click Reconnect.
Based on VMware KB 2031936