When using IBM DB2 9.7.2 database with vCenter Server 4.1 Update 1, you need to ensure that:
- Only IBM DB2 -9.7.2 64-bit client is used to access the database.
- IBM DB2 -9.7.2 32-bit client and 64-bit client do not co-exist on the vCenter Server system.
- DB2Users and DBSysmon groups are created on the database system.
If these groups do not exist on the system, create the groups and assign these groups to DB2 user.
- The database system is configured with DB2 client, System DSN is created, and the parameter DBAlias is configured.
If DBAlias is not configured and you connect to the database an error similar to the following is displayed:
SQL1013N Thee database alias name or database name " " could not be found, SQLSTATE=42705.
To configure DBAlias:
- In the database system, click Start > Run.
- Enter odbcad32 and click OK.
- In the System DSN tab, select the System DSN name and click Configure.
- In the Advanced Settings tab, click Add.
- Select DBAlias CLI parameter from the list and click OK.
- In the Pending Value field enter the in upper case, and click OK.
- Click Apply.
Verify that after clicking Apply, for DBAlias, shifts from Pending Value cloumn to Value column.
- Click OK.
Based on VMware KB 1033201