This issue occurs when previously installed vCenter Server services have not been removed successfully.
Examples of these VMware services include:
- VMware vSphere Update Manager UFA Service
- VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Server
- VMware VirtualCenter Server
- vCenter Inventory Service
To resolve this issue, manually delete any remaining vCenter Server services.
To manually delete the vCenter Server services:
- Click Start > run, type services.msc, and click OK.
- Search for any VMware services that were left behind from the previous uninstallation.
- For each VMware service:
- Right-click the service and click Properties.
- Retrieve the service name.
- At a command prompt, run this command:
After all the services are deleted, confirm that they no longer exist within the Services Manager.
Reboot vCenter Server.