This patch resolves the following issues:
- 607645: The customization of the hot clone of a Windows 2008 R2 guest operating system fails with the "auto check not found" error message, and the virtual machine reboots continuously.
- 608251: Windows virtual machine loses network connectivity after upgrading VMware Tools.
- 616065: On a Windows 2008 R2 virtual machine, when you add a dynamic disk and take a quiesced snapshot, disk manager displays a failed disk or missing disk message
This issue is applicable for the following Windows operating systems.
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008
- Windows 7
- 620635: Windows HGFS provider might deadlock an application that is concurrently calling the WNetAddConnection2API from multiple threads.
- 633355: When you upgrade from ESXi 3.5 to ESXi 4.1 along with the hardware version of the ESXi from 4 to 7 on Windows guest operating systems, the device status of the NIC is displayed as
"This hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)".
Uninstalling and reinstalling the NIC solves the issue.
- 634841: When you try to install VMware Tools on an RHEL 2.1 virtual machine running on ESXi 4.1 by running thevmware-install.pl script, the install process fails with the following error message:
Creating a new initrd boot image for the kernel. Error opening /tmp/vmware-fonts2/system_fonts.conf Execution aborted.
- 636709: Configuration file entries are overwritten on Linux virtual machines while installing VMware Tools.
637037: Disabled CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) service starts automatically, when VMware Tools is installed or upgraded on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 3, x86 virtual machine. Disable the CUPS service in SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 using the following commands:
On SUSE Linux Enterprise 10:
chkconfig --level 2345 cups off and chkconfig --level 2345 cupsrenice off
and disable the CUPS service.
Check the service status using the command
service cups status
chkconfig -l|grep -i cups
make sure that the service is disabled.
On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5:
chkconfig --level 2345 cups off and system-config-services
- 652054: If a peer of a VMCI stream socket connection (for example, stream socket server running in a server virtual machine) detaches from a queue pair while the connection state is connecting, then the other peer (for example, stream socket client with a blocking connect) might fail to connect. The release ESXi 4.1 Update 2 treats the peer detach as a reset and propagates the following error message to the other peer:
Connection reset by peer
- 653808: The vsock and vmmemctl modules fail to load on boot when multiple kernels are used.
- 659236: VMware Tools service (vmtoolsd.exe) fails on 64 bit Windows virtual machines when the virtual memory allocation order is forced from top to down using a registry key. In Windows, VirtualAlloc can be forced to allocate memory from top to down using the AllocationPreference registry key as mentioned in the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE (/PAEdrv.mspx).
- 676116: VMware Tools service daemon (vmtoolsd) might fail after you install VMware Tools on a Linux guest with long operating system name. For more information, see KB 1034633.
- 687278: X11 configuration is changed after installing VMware Tools.
- 687402: When multiple users try to login or logout of a virtual machine at the same time, the VMwareUser.exe process may crash. This causes copy/paste to fail..
- 698414: The Windows virtual machine with VMware Tools reports Event ID 105 in the Event Viewer tab. See KB 1037755for more information
- 711794: VMware Tools installation fails to complete on Solaris 10 64-bit virtual machines.
Based on VMware KB 2002341